Howdy all, and welcome to the start of my free inquiry!

I’ve decided that over the course of this semester I am going to make a conscious effort to follow a more environmentally sustainable eating regimen (AKA more plant-based). Since I wanted to find a project I would actually enjoy doing, as well as one that I thought I would actually adhere to, it took me a while to come up with this idea. Eating more sustainably seemed like a reasonable enough goal, and is something I have been wanting to do for a while anyway.

My motivation for doing this stems from wanting to help protect the environment, really really disliking cooking meat, and having a lot of vegetarian and vegan friends who encourage me to find vegetarian alternatives and often give me plant-based recipes to try.

My plan is to slowly reduce the amount of meat I eat, then dairy, then eggs. I think this is going to be a rewarding process, but not all that easy. I am not a huge fan of beans (which I know is often a big protein source in plant-based diets), so I will need to dedicate some time to researching new foods and recipes that I can prepare for myself. I think it will be fun to discover some new meals and to cook without having to deal with the unpleasantness that is raw meat.

The benefits of eating more sustainably, both for myself and the planet, will definitely motivate me to stick to my plan and make a conscious effort to do all I can to eat better.

Image result for sustainable eating

8b1e3b2b04f5582fd068bb7fe19d3592–eating-habits-noms.jpg