SOOOO another week has gone by living a relatively vegetarian lifestyle… Of the past 7 days, I only ate meat once (and this was more by accident than anything)!

Out of habit, I ordered a chicken wrap from Mac’s one day when I had forgotten my lunch at home. Had I been thinking, I would have ordered a veggie wrap with hummus as the protein rather than chicken, but I fell into autopilot asking for the same order of chicken, spinach, onion and tomato that I always get on my wraps.

Even though that wrap was DELICIOUS, it’s a little frustrating knowing that that is the only meat I ate this week, and probably would have been just as satisfied with hummus.

When I went shopping for my groceries this week, I purposely didn’t buy any meat, so that I wouldn’t be tempted or feel compelled to cook with meat at home. This honestly worked really well because I made sure to buy other sources of protein and it pushed me to try a new recipe once again.

I made jackfruit ‘pulled pork’ and it was so good and so easy! The jackfruit comes in a can and all I did was cook it, add some BBQ sauce to it, and put it in a bun with coleslaw.

After the wrap experience, I discovered a challenge I hadn’t actually foreseen – eating meat out of habit, not just because I needed or was craving it. There are so many protein replacements nowadays, and ways that you can simulate meals that would normally require meat, that it is totally possible to follow a vegetarian diet. I am just going to have to be a little more conscious in the future.