So, its been a week since I’ve attempted full veganism and I can honestly say it’s been a struggle. I had to be inventive with my meals and experiment with ingredients I wouldn’t normally try. One such ingredient was nutritional yeast (commonly referred to as ‘nooch’)  which is a powdered, deactivated yeast that is rich in protein and boasts a delicious cheesy flavour. I experimented with this on pasta with tomato sauce, popcorn, and oven roasted vegetables!

To normalize my eating as much as I could, I bought foods to replace the things I eat or use in things regularly. These replacements included dairy free yogurt, oat milk, vegan burgers, tofu, and several others.

I also went to a coffee shop to study one day and researched a vegan place to go to. I discovered Fernwood Cafe that had a variety of yummy treats, meals, and drinks to choose from. I settled on a peanut butter cup and soy milk latte, and thoroughly enjoyed both!

In my mind, this week was a success and I plan to continue using some of the vegan replacements I found! I would also love to experiment with vegan baking recipes because I think it would be fun and tasty.